Topic: OpenCDE Revision 616 Released!
I have put out a new release of the almost completely rewritten OpenCDE today.
As you can also tell, I have changed the versioning.
This release contains the following improvements
1) Dtpanel can now be moved with the grabs
2) Dtlogin now runs the users .xsession if it exists
3) Dtpanel now has the daft scrolling animation that people like
4) Dtpanel now has transparent pixmaps for the icons when pressed
5) Hacky stuff like mwmext has now been moved to libopencde so that changing desktops etc... has now got a simpler API for developers e.g
OpenCDE::Workspace::moveToWorkspace(Window id, int workspace); OpenCDE::Workspace::setWorkspace(int workspace); OpenCDE::Workspace::setBackgroundPixmap(std::string path);
6) Massive changes to libmotifmm and thus an almost complete rewrite of OpenCDE. This means that bugs may have crept in
7) Dtpanel now has a very similar looking Exit dialog.
8) Introduction to Dtlock which should act as a screen locker rather than xlock or xscreensaver.
9) Dtpanel now has correct window border.
10) Implemented the timer class from cgibbons' patch (due to large changes in motifmm, the clock still needs doing)
11) 1 beautiful new wallpaper (Default for desktop 4)
... And contains the following regressions
1) Removal of dtpad until it becomes more complete
2) Removal of dtfile until it becomes more complete
3) Removed the dtauth stuff. It wasn't ideal
Let me know if you have any issues. I have updated the documentation to reflect the changes.